top of page

Sustainability Worldwide

Public·25 members
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson

[S2E3] The Last Face You See

As always, we'll start with a quick recap. In what's presumably been setup as the format for future episodes, we start with a brief scene from the present time before we jump to the past. In this episode, Teresa (Dewan-Tatum) and Leo (Levine) are attempting to evade Bloody Face and even manage to do so for a hot, blood-soaked second, but end up running afoul of two Bloody Face-masked men who shoot the duo in cold blood. Too bad for them that the real (?) Bloody face is after them next.

[S2E3] The Last Face You See

Senior Editor - Games Former Editor of Animation, Streaming Content Author of "The Science of Breaking Bad" from MIT Press Twitch Affiliate: twitch.tv/drclawmd Co-host of the Saturday Mourning Cartoons podcast Community manager for Ironface Studios Former science freelance writer for Nerdist.com

Xander returns to the school with Angel, who pretends to be Angelus. Though Spike first welcomes Angel as a long-lost friend, he sees through the ruse and Xander and Angel are forced to flee but not before Xander hears Spike call Angel his "sire" and "Yoda". His mooks give chase to Angel and Xander, leaving Buffy and Spike alone at last. Buffy is almost bested when her mother shows up and hits Spike over the head with the flat of a fire ax, causing him to retreat. Joyce tells Buffy that she trusts Buffy to take care of herself, whatever Snyder may say.

With the GCPD recovering from the massacre and death of Commissioner Sarah Essen, Gordon (Benjamin McKenzie) and Bullock (Donal Logue) start questioning people on the street for info on Jerome (Cameron Monaghan). They decide to go to Jerome's father, Paul Cicero (Mark Margolis), to see if he knows where his son is. Jerome and Tabitha have already captured Paul in his own apartment, and when Jerome asks for his future, Paul states that he'll be a curse upon Gotham and that his legacy will be death and madness. Jerome kills his dad, and when Gordon and Bullock get there, Jerome's sleeping gas knocks out Bullock and Gordon is kicked in the face by Tabitha (Jessica Lucas), allowing her and Jerome to escape.

Back at their hideout, Barbara kisses Theo on the cheek, where Tabitha watches in jealousy. Although Jerome is dead, people are still amazed at his sadistic and clever nature, and it gets to the point where people start committing homicidal acts of their own, proving Cicero's prediction true. The last shot shows Jerome's smiling corpse with the echoing of his laugh in the background.

When asked about Jerome returning, writer John Stephens stated that "if you watch the episodes closely, as they go forward this year you'll start seeing the seeds of the way that story will continue to develop. And we probably have not seen the last of that fellow".[3]

This seems like a bad idea given everything that went down last week, but Mando tells the Child to be respectful and mind his manners, which may be the most adorable line in this show so far, coming from such a tough guy.

Unable to explain how little I care about the opinions of others yet i am riveted by this Holy trinity of knowledge accumulated in the affluenza ridden section of glastonbury I am in the dark but have seen the light

Back in present day Venice, Domenico pays a visit to Gerbert, who is sulking after all of his losses at the end of last season. He came so close to getting rid of the de Clermonts. Then Satu freed Meridiana from centuries of enslavement. Juliette was killed by Diana instead of killing her and Matthew. The rest of the Congregation sided with Baldwin instead of Gerbert and Peter. And Diana and Matthew escaped into the past just as Gerbert, Satu and Peter were about to capture them.

In Season 1, Episode 3, when Michael calls the Lackawanna Coal Mine to ask if the industrial elevator that goes 300-feet into the earth is a "ride," he's actually talking to Creed. And in Season 3, Episode 7, when Meredith tracks down the man she made her last day of work sex pact with, she's actually on the phone with Office producer Kent Zbornak.

"[Carrie] said that this was not in the script," Fischer said. "She said that oftentimes when a guest actor is cast at the very last minute, she doesn't have time to go shopping for them. So what wardrobe designers do is they go into their 'retired wardrobe,' and this is a stash of outfits that have been retired, but that used to belong to the main cast members."

'She was stressed out' and 'Jenna was a small town girl straight of the bus from Ohio. She was a rising star, but she wasn't ready for what was coming her way. I mean... I was thinking of making her the face of my campaign. That would have meant photo shoots magazines, billboards in Times Square and a very generous paycheck. In the recent week, she had become so bad tempered, paranoid. I started to wonder if she wasn't too inexperienced for a major campaign.'

We may look back historically, and say, Oh, the year 2020 through 2022. That's when we learned that in general, people don't like conversations about risk. And that really put a point, an exclamation point on decades of data indicate that people struggle with conversations about risk. Right, all throughout the covid 19 pandemic, actually getting a bead on what people's real risk is. Right? communicating that out getting everybody on the same page. That's been a really hard thing to do. But risk surrounds us everywhere. And it's also kind of intertwined with our, with our power generation, right if you want to take some examples of say, how people perceive risks surrounding nuclear power, all the way to what is the total risk we face based on how vulnerable our grid is. Our grid could be vulnerable to a cyber attack, our grid could be vulnerable to any number of perturbations that could come from the outside like weather, or could come from the inside, like equipment failure. So we face all these different kinds of risks. But it seems like, you know, having conversations about risk is another one of those areas where you know that, as you mentioned, that certainty or that misinforming explanations can often provide sounds a whole lot better than, well, it looks like I need to just have a better comprehensive understanding of the collective risk of all this systems in my power grid. Right? That's a lot of work, blaming it on wind energy, that's a little bit more ergonomic.

Well and I, I think it's interesting to focus a little bit on the language of some of the initial press releases from ERCOT, the the grid operator. Is that they sort of in the press release, saying that they're experiencing record breaking electric demand due to extreme cold temperatures. And then this part, I think, is important in higher than normal generation outages due to frozen wind turbines, and limited natural gas supplies available to generating units. So by putting the turbine, wind turbines first, that's kind of where we stopped reading. We're like, Oh, this is caused by this. And no one sort of reads the last part of that sentence to say, well, and it's also these other fossil fuel generating power plants, too. It's not just the turbines, it's this whole combination, then you throw in a couple of videos of helicopters de-icing, the blades of wind turbines, and you have like, all the drama that you need to pin this all on the turbines.

So let's zoom out and think a little bit longer term. Beyond next week's hearings, what are some of the policy implications or policy stakes of some of the misinforming material that's been going around in the last week,

Yeah, yeah. And again, you know, this is not, this does not appear to be on its face, a misinformation conspiracy hatched somewhere on a state sponsored, you know, Russian troll farm that hit the social media. And now we're all misinformed. That's not the kind of misinformation about we're talking about here. We're talking about something that was homegrown that, you know, circulated because of its simplicity. And because it resonated with a lot of different existing political positions. But it is still incredibly misinforming, nonetheless. And that's going to have some long term consequences on policy conversation surrounding energy.

And I think your point about, the about resonating is important because this resonated with certain folks. So certain communities were already primed as being sort of anti green New Deal, you know, over the last couple years. So those folks that were already primed, this fits in with their existing set of biases. So they're already like, Oh, yeah, wind, no dice, this is horrible. They're already primed for that. So that just kind of, you know, that that sort of runway was already open for this misinformation to land there. And for them to continue to spread it. 041b061a72

About

SELF SUFFICIENT, COST EFFECTIVE, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY, G...

Members

bottom of page